Miss Possum

Miss Possum
Pale but dynamic

Thursday 26 July 2012

Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)



Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
by 

Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy

4 of 5 stars false
I read this book as it was recommended by my Goodreads friend Sam. I put off reading it for a while, as I wasn't sure the cover looked like my kind of book. I read it because Sam said it was very funny - and yes, it is!! The one-liners and asides are delightful.

The characters are terrific, the action is satisfying and magic-enhanced, the baddies are pretty bad. It would normally be about 3 stars for plot, ideas and content, but it gets an extra star for lovely writing style, genuinely engaging, appealing, clever and competent young female lead characters, and for the tailor, a unique creation. I hope we see more of him, and I wish he could make me a work suit.

Looking forward to reading the next books.

Also posted on Goodreads  http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/377750526

No comments:

Post a Comment